A BRIEF INTRODUCTION OF VEDA INCARNATE AND GREAT YOGI SHRIRAM SHARMA ACHARYA
1) DATE OF BIRTH : 21/9/1911 A.D.
SAMVAT : AASO VAD 13 /1968
2) PLACE OF BIRTH : ANVALKHEDA (AGRA, U.P., INDIA)
3) FATHER : PANDIT ROOPRAMKISHORE SHARMA
4) MOTHER : DHANKUNVARI ALIAS TAEEJEE
5) YOUNGEST AMONG 4 BROTHERS
COMMUNITY – SANNADAY BRAHMIN
6) FATHER’S DEATH : 1924 A.D.
7) MOTHER’S DEATH : 12/2/1971 (at the age of 90 years)
WIFE – REVERED MOTHER BHAGWATI DEVI SHARMA
2 SONS – OMPRAKASH SHARMA
2 DAUGHTERS – JAYA
8) EDUCATION – ACHARYA OF SANSKRIT M.A. IN 2 SUBJECTS
9) TITLE OF VEDA INCARNATE AND GREAT YOGI – BESTOWED A FEW DECADES BACK IN PUNJAB BY PRESIDENT (INDIA) SARVAPALLI RADHAKRISHNAN
A religious gathering was organized which was attended by great Pandits, scholars and Vedic Acharyas of India. Our revered Gurudeva (Shrirama Sharma) too was invited. India’s then President, Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan eulogoized revered Shriram Sharma Acharyaji for very skillfully laying down the true essence of spirituality as mentioned in the 4 Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas, scriptures and all precepts of various religions. Hence Dr. Radhakrishnan gave our revered Gurudeva the title “Veda incarnate and great Yogi.”
10) SPIRITUAL GUIDE
Shriram Sharma Acharya’s revered Gurudeva Shri Sarveshwaranandji lives on the Mahendragiri Mountain of the Himalayas at a height of 22,000 feet in the Parashuram cave for the past 651 years (maybe more). This Mahayogi lives naked in this cave even today and this area has heavy snowfall all the year round. As long as Shriram Sharma Acharya was alive, he was guided by this Mahayogi.
11) MANTRA INITIATION GURU : Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya initiated child Shriram Sharma at the age of 7 when he was given Yajnopaveet (sacred thread ceremony).
12) At a very young age, Gurudeva Shriram Sharma surrendered his entire being at the feet of his own Gurudeva – Sarveshwaranandji Maharaj.
Ordinarily a child is full of fun, and laughter during childhood but Shriram Sharma Acharya as a child was very steadfast towards his spiritual practices. He would tell everybody “My home is in the Himalayan mountains.” Not only this but at the tender age of 8 years, without informing anyone, this divine child left his home. After intense search his relatives found him. Shriram very innocently but firmly said, “Of what use is it to me that I come home with you? My home is in the Himalayas and I wish to reside there.” At that time neither his family members, parents or village men even imagined that this jewel who was separated from the Himalayas will one day go there and come in contact with his spiritual guide( Gurudeva).
13) In Samvat 1983 when Shriram Sharmaji was meditating, a divine aura of light surrounded him. This light then took up a solid human form which was that of his spiritual guide H.H. Shri Sarveshwaranandji. He instructed young Shriram to worship Gayatri for the next 24 years and after saying this he disappeared.
14) At the age of 15 years he started a series of Gayatri Purascharanas. For the following 24 years, without pause, he executed 24 Purascharanas of 24 lakh Gayatri Mantras. Along with this he lit a flame lamp and Yajna fire continuously. He would feed cows with jowar seeds and he would collect the seeds excreted by cows with their stools. With these seeds he would make Indian rotis (bread) and eat it. He would eat nothing else.
15) In the year 1959 A.D. revered Shriram Sharmaji left for the Himalayas all alone. There he performed intense austerities in the various snow clad regions. In the year 1962 A.D. he again resided all alone in a very thick forest area of the Himalayas for 3 months. Over there, there were many herbivorous and carnivorous animals. In the presence of our revered Gurudeva, these carnivorous animals stopped eating flesh and danced about with other herbivorous animals. This indeed was a great divine episode.
16) Between the years 1970-72 he decided to go to the Himalayas after renouncing his householder’s way of life. He came in contact with his Gurudeva Sarveshwaranandji and lived with him for 1 year. Later Sarveshwanandji commanded his disciple Shriram Sharmaji to spread the divine wisdom he had attained to all human beings of the world.
17) After returning from the Himalayas, Shriram Sharmaji decided he would not reside in Mathura. He instead decided to reside in the area where 7 Rishis of ancient India had performed austerities.
ADDRESS : SHANTIKUNJ,
HARIDWAR – 249 411
WEBSITE : www.awgp.org
18) In the year 1979 he started establishing Gayatri Shaktipeethas and Prajna Peethas in the entire world. And in the year 1982 – 1985 he established more than 6000 small / big service oriented centers so as to spiritually awaken world humanity. In 84 nations of the world, Shriram Sharma Acharya started scientific and spiritual research centers of the Gayatri Mantra. The research knowledge gained was spread in all corners of the world.
19) SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENTS –
A great devotee of Kundalini (Divine Serpent Power) and Panchagni ( 5 fires) Science. It’s a rare achievement after what Lord Buddha attained. The proof of Gurudeva’s achievement externally is the fact that the hair on his head always rise upwards. Even if with the help of a comb etc. his hair is pressed downwards, it yet remains high and raised.
20) SPIRITUAL PRACTISES OF SUBTILIZATION VEERBHADRA CREATION :
Before Gurudeva Shriramji passed away, he performed spiritual austerities of subtilization – or Sookshmeekaran. An atom bomb is made up of very micro units that can destroy the gigantic world. Subtilization means to convert utilization of gross bodily functions like sleeping, eating, drinking etc. for higher goals. The gross body is converted to the subtle body and thus with its help, such a person can attain many subtle bodies. These subtle bodies then create desired movements in the subtle world which in turn execute miraculous tasks. One such task of Shri Gurudeva was to transform the very psyche of world humanity for the better and thus create a new world and a new era.
21) Via this subtilization penance, a bright future for 450 crores of people will be created. The body has 5 Koshas ( 5 sheaths) viz : 1) Food 2) Vital force 3) Mental 4) Intellectual 5) Bliss. From these 5 sheaths, Shriram Sharmaji created 5 Veerbhadras who with their subtle presence will create movements in the gross world. In this manner a positive transformation of the psyche of world humanity will be executed and thus a new radiant era will be ushered in. All creatures of the world with an ethical character, will live a life of purity and that era will be called a Great Era.
22) CREATION, REFLECTION AND PUBLICATION OF SPIRITUAL TEXTS :
Gurudeva translated the 4 Vedas, 108 Upanishads, 20 Smritis, 6 Darshans, Yog Vashishtha, 24 Geetas, 18 Puranas, Brahmanas, Aranyaka and Sutra texts into simple Hindi.
In Russia, Kolkata and Lucknow Universities, these translated texts have been included in their syllabus. In Switzerland and U.S.A., creative research studies are being conducted on these 4 Vedas.
23) Gurudeva Shriramji published 1976 books that included his writings pertaining to overcoming social problems, importance of uniting religion and culture, Gayatri Super Science, Yogic Mantra chanting, austerities, Pranayam, Kundalini awakening etc. All these topics have been written in a scientific manner. He changed the viewpoint of humanity with the help of books that covered great thinking of Lord Parshuram in ancient times and modern day great men like Karl Marx, Herithesto, Budha, Gandhi etc. In the same way our Gurudeva would write down his deep thoughts everyday. Totally he wrote about 1651 folders.
24) Ordinary men have lost faith because of lowly thinking and unethical actions of vile men. In order to ward off this lack of faith, the philosophy of Ritambhara Mahapragna (divine intellect) and its application can work like a divine weapon. An original creation in the form of a book called “Prajna Purana” helped convince people that a new creation is in the offing. This he did via examples from the past and proof from major religious texts of the world. This Prajna Purana has been published in 3 volumes and in future it will totally cover 18 volumes.
H.H. Revered Shri Shriram Sharma Acharya is the confluence of the radiance of all Rishis of ancient India and hence has been given the title Yugadevata and Yuga Rishi.
1) As a symbol of Lord Parshuram’s axe, Gurudeva ushered in a creative revolution with the creation of a new era. This was aided by his mighty pen and speeches from Shantikunj( Haridwar, India)
2) Bhagirath in ancient times had manifested the river Ganges on earth via intense austerities. Similarly our Gurudeva manifested the Ganges of divine wisdom (Gayatri) via austerities of 24 Purashcharanas of 24 lakh Gayatri Mantra chanting.
3) In ancient times Charak had discovered many forest herbs that bestowed good health and a new lease of life. This task is at present being executed in Shantikunj, so as to rejuvenate our ancient medical science called Ayurveda.
4) Maharshi Vyas had written many Puranas (Indian Mythology) with Lord Ganesha’s blessings. Similarly Gurudeva Shriram Sharma too published the 4 Vedas, 108 Upanishads, Darshans, Smritis, Geeta, Prajna Purana in 18 volumes alongwith other books on social revolution at the world level.
5) Maharshi Patanjali had given us the 8-fold method of Yoga called Asthangyoga. Today at Shantikunj, modern doctors are conducting research on Yoga and encouraging every one to practise the same.
6) Yajnavalkya was well-known for conducting Yajnas (fire sacrifices). Brahmavarchas Research Centre, founded by Gurudeva, uses forest herbs for Yajnas and this in turn cures bodily / mental illnesses, overcomes mental taints, raises our vital force (for Kundalini awakening) and balances our atmosphere by warding off pollution.
7) Vishwamitra who is the seer of the Gayatri Mantra had created a new universe. Gayatri Teerth, Shantikunj has been built on that very land where Vishwamitraji had realized Adi Shakti (Primordial Divine Power). This land with subtle pious qualities, is gaining more radiance because of Japa, worship and Yajnas executed by thousands of people over here. Research is being conducted on sound power and Savitri Science.
8) Jamadagni Rishi in the past founded a Gurukul (school), where both children and senior citizens were given apt education. Today at Shantikunj devotees are trained to serve world humanity. Families are inspired to imbibe sacred ideals in life.
9) Naradji spiritually awakened world humanity by traveling all over the world. Shantikunja’s training institute has trained many devotees who move in the world and spread the message of our revered Gurudeva.
10) Vashishtha was an adept both in the fields of spirituality and politics. Gurudeva Shriram Sharma fought for India’s independence between the years 1930-1947 A.D. Later via books based on revolutionary thinking, he indirectly tried complementing religion and good governance.
11) Adi Shankaracharya had established 4 Mathas (hermitages) in 4 corners of India. Under Shantikunja’s guidance, apart from 4,000 Pragna Peethas, Shaktipeethas and 24,000 self-study centers were established.
12) Rishi Pipplad studied and controlled his mind by eating fruits and leaves. Our Gurudeva partook meals of jowar roti (Indian bread) and buttermilk for 24 long years. Till the day he died he ate only boiled cereals and vegetables.
13) Kanad an heir of Atharveda tradition put forth the atomic theory and theory of scientific spirituality. At Brahmavarchas Institute, spirituality is being researched in a scientific manner.
14) Aaryabhatta studied the effect of the planets of the solar system on earth and gave certain mathematical principles for the same. In Shantikunja, astrological research studies are being conducted.
15) Thousands of Bhikshus (mendicants) traveled all over the world to spread Lord Budha’s message. Similarly thousands of initiated disciples of Shantikunja are spreading the message of divine culture in all corners of the world.
16) Polar center- Himalays – Gayatri Teerth – A divine atmosphere has been created over here due to the subtle presence of Rishis and demi-gods. Spiritual seekers and members of Gayatri Parivar should spend some time at least once a year at Shantikunja which as a spiritual cultured sanatorium. Thus they can benefit from its sacred vibrations.
17) THE DEEP IMPORT OF THREE PREVIOUS INCARNATIONS OF GURUDEVA SHRIRAM SHARMAJI –
1) The first incarnation was in the form of Saint Kabir (1398-1518 A.D.). He lived with his wife in Banaras. All his life Kabirji attacked atrocities carried out in the name of religion. He spoke of spirituality in a straightforward manner.
2) The second incarnation was in the form of Samarth Ramdas (1608-1682 A.D.). With the help of his devotee Shivaji, he untied minor states of Southern India. He created an atmosphere of independence and established body building centers everywhere. He encouraged people to attend spiritual discourses so as to infuse divinity in one’s life.
3) The third incarnation was in the form of Shri Ramakrishna Paramhans (1836-1886 A.D.). He lived with his wife Shardamani in Kolkatta. Again by leading a householder’s life, he moulded his great disciple Swami Vivekananda. He made Vivekananda a medium, so as to awaken sacred principles in the minds of world humanity.
H.H. SHRIRAM SHARMA ESTABLISHED AND MANAGED MANY INSITUTIONAL CENTRES
1) YUGA NIRMA YOJANA, GAYATRI TAPOBHUMI, MATHURA , U.P. – 281 003, INDIA.
This institution was established by our revered Gurudeva after selling all his ancestral property, jewellery etc. Even today this institute has a) Gayatri Temple b) An unbroken lit flame for the past 6 decades. c) Re-instating of holy water and mud from 2,400 pilgrim spots. d) More than 2400 crore hand written Mantras e) Sidha Peeth f) Yuga Nirman School g) Publication of 1636 books in 7 languages h) Books published with an advanced press offset machine i) A monthly magazine with more than 3 lakh subscribers j) A separate post office and bank. k) A central headquarter that gives directions to more than 7000 branches all over the world with respect to educating world humanity l) Prajna Nagar built for visitors and members of Gayatri Parivar.
2) SHANTIKUNJA, GAYATRI TEERTH, HARIDWAR, UTTARANCHAL 249411, INDIA.
H.H. Shriram Sharma Acharyaji and H.H.Bhagwatidevi Sharma, his consort, resided in this region where the 7 Rishis of yore (Saptarshis) had performed penance. It is near the holy Ganges river and at the base of the Himalayan Mountains. Shantikunja has an unbroken flame lamp, Gayatri Temple, Yajnashala of 9 pyres, auditorium, theatre, free arrangements to give 16 Sanskaras, Ayurvedic clinic, body building center, more than 150 full time workers, residence arrangements for more than 1000 camp participants, school for children, Vedic school for astrology / Panchanga etc., slide shows for self-study, religious discourses, devotional music etc., audio/ video cassettes and 400 Prajna Peethas, Shakti Peethas and over 24,000 self-study associations for spiritual and material advancement of world humanity.
Any person (from any country) who wishes to lead a creative life for both material and spiritual advancement of world humanity, can join the “Yuga Shilpi Camp” for 1 month that commences from the 1st date of each month of the year upto the end of that month. Further every month from 1-10, 11-20,21-30, a “Kalpa Sadhana Camp” is organized for 10 days for bodily transformation and 4 days for pilgrimage.
3) BRAHMAVARCHAS RESEARCH INSTITUTE, SAPTARSHI, HARIDWAR – 249411, UTTARANCHAL, INDIA
This institute has 3 floors. The ground floor has 24 idols that represent the 24 energy streams of Gayatri (12 Vaam Margis / Tantrik and 12 Dakshin Margis / Vedic). This institute has proved with necessary proofs that the 24 letters of Gayatri Mantra are the 24 incarnations of God, 24 demi-gods, 24 Rishis, 24 Yogic practices, 24 austerities, 24 Gurus of Lord Dattatreya, 24 Ridhi-Sidhiss and divine glories. The first floor has a laboratory. It houses various technological apparatus and advanced machines, to monitor man’s psyche and body. This research is carried out by reputed scientists and doctors.
Just like Allopathy and Homeopathy, Rishis of yore invented Yajnopathy wherein the sacred smoke of a Yajna fire wards off our illnesses. A patient is asked to sit in a closed of laboratory of glass and is exposed to various types of Yajna fumes. We are glad to inform all readers that this treatment via Yajna fumes has cured thousands of people who suffered from various diseases.
Over and above this, Gurudeva vehemently opposed blind beliefs, vile traditions, fundamentalism, dowry, etc. He encouraged an attitude of equality towards all religions. He always spoke of one religion, one action and one goal. He said that there should be only one form of religion in the entire world. Further he spoke of the importance of looking upon the entire world as our Mother (Vishwamata). He designed programs for upliftment of women and healthcare for all. He inspired all his followers to patiently endure all obstacles which he had predicted, that would come their way between the years 1985-2000 A.D. He further predicted that after the year 2000 A.D. slowly but surely an atmosphere of sacredness will envelope the entire world.